Friday, April 13, 2007

The following is likely to be highly subjective:

So I've been doing something lately, and I'm not sure if it's right, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't enjoying it.

I've been actively trying to be more of an asshole.

Well, that's not entirely accurate. I'm not going out of my way to be mean; but I've always gone out of my way to be kind to people, doing tons of random, unnecessary, but very considerate things, including doing my best to justify and excuse unkindness directed toward me.

Well, I'm tired. People of the world, I am tired of bathing you in unrequited goodness. I'm tired of keeping my mouth shut and being the butt of the joke; I'm tired of all the girls that would date me, if; and more than anything, I'm tired of excusing you when you're a dick to me.

So I don't think I'm going to do it anymore.

I might have to. I don't know. But something's got to change. I'm exhausted. I can't love all these people when it's taking everything I've got just not to hate them.