Monday, December 10, 2007

Bad Decisions Well Made

I'm not sure school is part of the plan anymore.

I really feel called to the ministry. I don't know what area, or really even what I'm capable of doing, but I just can't see myself doing anything else with my life. I need to know when I get out of bed in the morning that what I'm doing matters; that someone's life is actually, meaningfully better because of my action, and I'm not just working to feed people's hunger for things they don't really need.

Not that I'm condemning industry in general--there's nothing wrong with affluence as such, and I know that. But I don't want that life.

And anyway, if West Georgia won't take you, you're pretty much out of luck.

Now that I have a job with a fairly consistent schedule, I'm thinking of volunteering during the late morning/early afternoon at a local charitable organization; it seems a viable way of getting a foot in the door, and it wouldn't cost me money, which is another problem with school. But I don't really know what's going on in Newnan that I could help with; so if you do, suggestions and contact information would be appreciated.

No comments: